Here’s another recipe that I got from Bob Harper’s “Skinny Rules”. These may not taste like your normal pancake, but these are such a great morning option and awesome post workout snack! (Sweet potatoes rock for a clean post workout carb!)
I’ve made this as one really large pancake and as 4 smaller ones. Do what you prefer. If you want to make them for the family, you will want to double or triple the recipe. Finally, I’d recommend making a batch of this and keeping it in the fridge for a fast option. I think it would keep for a few days!!
Sweet Potato and Oat Pancakes with Warmed Berries
♦ 1 medium sweet potato, cooked, cooled and diced
♦ 1/4 cup rolled oats
♦ 4 large egg whites
♦ 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
♦ 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
♦ 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
♦ 1/2 tablespoon ground flax seed
♦ 1/4 cup blackberries
♦ 2 tablespoons water
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Combine the sweet potato, oats, egg whites, vanilla, spices, and flax seed in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
2. Spray a large skillet or griddle with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat.
3. Put the berries and water in a small pot and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Mash with a fork.
4. Pour the batter into the skillet, forming a single large pancake or several smaller ones.
5. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side, flipping once.
6. Serve the pancakes topped with warm berry sauce.