Here’s another recipe that I got from Bob Harper’s “Skinny Rules”. These may not taste like your normal pancake, but these are such a great morning option and awesome post workout snack! (Sweet potatoes rock for a clean post workout carb!)
I’ve made this as one really large pancake and as 4 smaller ones. Do what you prefer. If you want to make them for the family, you will want to double or triple the recipe. Finally, I’d recommend making a batch of this and keeping it in the fridge for a fast option. I think it would keep for a few days!!
Sweet Potato and Oat Pancakes with Warmed Berries
♦ 1 medium sweet potato, cooked, cooled and diced
♦ 1/4 cup rolled oats
♦ 4 large egg whites
♦ 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
♦ 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
♦ 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
♦ 1/2 tablespoon ground flax seed
♦ 1/4 cup blackberries
♦ 2 tablespoons water
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Combine the sweet potato, oats, egg whites, vanilla, spices, and flax seed in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
2. Spray a large skillet or griddle with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat.
3. Put the berries and water in a small pot and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Mash with a fork.
4. Pour the batter into the skillet, forming a single large pancake or several smaller ones.
5. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side, flipping once.
6. Serve the pancakes topped with warm berry sauce.
Yummmm! I can’t wait to try these. Thanks for sharing!
I added a dash of orange extract and about a tsp of baking powder to the mixture to make them fluffy. I made a triple batch and froze the rest, pop in the toaster over, yumm!!
These look yummy and definitely healthy. They can be made gluten free by using certified gluten free oats and making sure the ground flax is also g-free.
Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am definitely going to try these!