We are in the middle of week 2 of the “Take it Back” challenge! Even if you aren’t following 100%, there is much to be said for the work you ARE putting into it! If you aren’t sure what this challenge is all about, be sure to catch up on the various posts here! Week 3 starts on Tuesday and we will round out the 21 day challenge then.
This week’s focus was on stewardship of our bodies, time and souls and I took to my weekly video to chat a few things that were on my heart! Here are some highlights but be sure to check out the full video for more.
- When I looked at the feedback you gave me about what you wanted to keep, drop and add back in from the pandemic, there were so many things you listed that were in regards to our bodies, time and spirit!
- Sometimes what we need to hear when it comes to getting out of a funk or rough patch is that its simple time to move forward. And so that was my encouragement to you! It’s time!!!
- Obviously there is a huge motivation when it comes to the WHY behind the work we put on to stay healthy from the inside out…and for me as a Christian it comes down to stewardship. “responsible planning & management of resources” We do not own our bodies, time, families, things etc. They are all God’s–but we are to be faithful with them and use them for the kingdom
- What’s on the line? The kingdom of God! We have a lost and hurting world and we need to be bringing forth our best for that
- “Teach us to number our days carefully so that we may develop wisdom in our hearts” Psalm 90:12 “Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely. And may your spirit, soul and body be kept sound and blameless for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.” 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24
- Here are the 2 books I referenced, “12 Ways Your Phone IS Changing You” by Tony Reinke and “Discipline: The Glad Surrender” by Elisabeth Elliot. Also Matt Chandler’s series in Revelation. You must watch or listen!
- Boundaries & Triggers! Both needed as we step into “taking it back!”
Enough of the recap and resources, here is the video! (Click here if you can’t see it)
The middle of anything is always the hardest so I want to encourage you to keep moving ahead. We will be to the end of the challenge before you know it and will be proud of all the work you have done!
Oh and before I forget! I referenced it in the beginning of this video but I will be putting together a coaching group this summer to help those of you who want to take some of these things a little deeper into play. I will also open up a couple one on one coaching spots if you would prefer that to a small group. I’ll have more info next week!